Forget It

I have a habitual faith. I was completely convicted of that this morning in church. It wasn't even really what the speaker was talking about, but God kind of set it on my heart and showed me ways in which I put Him and my faith in a box. 
I always say I need to pray more often, I need to read the Bible more, reflect more, write more ... the list is pretty long. This formula of mine, this long list of things I need to better, will it really make my faith any deeper? Don't get me wrong, I know that these are all important ways of strengthening faith, but they are only tools, and without something deeper I think they are shallow and useless.
I feel like I need to forget everything I thought I knew about my faith. I want to forget my habits and see Christ revealed in real ways. And I'm not sure that these real ways are going to fit in the "read, write, pray, repeat" ideals I currently have.